Wood Polishing Services
Wood is a rich and durable option, especially for furniture.
Like everything else, wood is subject to natural wear and tear with everyday use especially, exposure to moisture and heat. To maintain its smooth and glossy look, it requires periodic maintenance in the form of wood polish.
Polishing is a great way to bring out the natural qualities of wood, restore its shine and even highlight its grains.
The purpose of the polishing of wood is to create a protective layer on the exposed surface of the wooden furniture. This layer nourishes the wood with natural oil and moisture, as well as it gives the furniture a finish which can be glossy, non-glossy or matte finish.
When it comes to wooden furniture polishing services, there are several types of polish that we offer:
- Varnish Polish – Varnish is a popular finish for raw and unfinished wooden furniture. The finish obtained is transparent and hard protective finish. It is done as the last step of wood protection measures and helps in enhancing natural tones & grains of the wood. Its final touch forms a hard layer that offers high gloss and protection.
- French Polishing– French Polishing is the most traditional form of furniture polishing work. It forms thin layers of a very high glossy surface and can form deep color contrast. The following polishing practice develops a thin coat of shellac dissolved in denatured alcohol. Shellac mixture is lubricated with oil. Thus it can be said that shellac is the main component of french polishing. It is considered the most beautiful wooden finish.
- Lacquer Polishing– It is the fastest drying polish layer done on wooden furniture. This polish is done by applying several thin layers of the polish. It forms the film which is more durable than shellac. Lacquer polish gets dry very quickly, this benefits the layer to dry before the dust settles on the surface of the polished layer thus dust-free finish.
- Melamine Polishing– Melamine is an organic compound which is a mixture with formaldehyde to produce melamine resin. Melamine polishing is not internationally used but it is preferred polishing medium in India. Melamine polish is more durable than French-Polish, though the resin is thin. It’s has a very valuable property of fire resistance and is heat tolerant.
- Polyurethane Polishing– It is plastic but in liquid form. It forms a hard protective layer that absorbs scratches & dings. The polish forms a very glossy surface, unlike varnish polish polyurethane polish eventually with time glossy surface, gets dull. The polish mixture can be both water and oil-based. Polish finish varies from satin to glossy.
Melamine polishing is preferred in the more visible and high-usage areas such as living room pieces and cupboard doors, and regular color or natural polish on inside surfaces such as shelves, drawers, etc.
Old and worn down wooden furniture, be it cabinets, tables or closets, tend to bring down the overall look of your living space. Wood polishing is a great alternative to buying. Old furniture can be refurbished, making it shiny and good as new.
Cluterfree Wood Polishing team of professionals are highly experienced in restoring wooden furniture. Our furniture polishing experts are competent in repairing any damaged portion of the furniture due to
- Weather conditions
- Due to termite
- Removing dirty waxy layer buildup on the surface
and restoring your furniture’s sheen and luster.
Painting and polishing go hand in hand; ideally they should be done by the same contractor.
Polish can get on to painted surfaces and paint can get on to polished surfaces. It is ideal to have the same person doing the polishing and painting so that the work is done seamlessly.
So if you are looking for a professional who can take care of your wooden furniture, Clutterfree Team of professionals who are highly experienced is available at your services.
Call us to get a free estimate on the services.